American bloggers call them “energy bites”. In fact they are mini nut chocolates the owe their taste to the ingredients we’re going to choose. A good, strong chocolate and some fresh nuts will give you a taste to remember.
The secret of this recipe hides in the roasted nuts before they’ll be mixed in chocholate!
Originaly Published: provocateur.gr
- 500 g. dark chocolate, melted at 31ºC
- 400 g. hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (we can use any nuts we like such as almonds, or pistachios)
- zest of 1 orange
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet on a rack.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160ºC for 12-15 minutes.
- Let them cool well.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- When melted add zest and stir well.
- Mix hazelnuts in melted chocolate and with two spoons we make mini bites on a baking paper. Let them cool.