This apple pie comes as something between a tart and a apple crumble! It has a buttery, biscuity crust base while the apple perfectly blends with the marzipan and nuts!
The oatmeal top is perfectly crispy and the cinnamon gives a perfect smell to your house!
- Tart dough enough to cover a tart pan (Click here to see my recipe)
- 5 apples (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 100 g marzipan (cut into cubes)
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 100 g oats
- 100 g butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut praline (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 180°C in air
- Boil the apple quarters in water until soften aside to cool.
- Bake blind the dough in a tart pan until the edges are crispy brown
- Mix the apples with marzipan, nuts and honey in a bowl
- Beat together the oats with butter and cinnamon in the mixer until you have a homogeneous mixture
- Fill IN the tart with apples and cover with the oat mixture
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180°C for 50 minutes or until oats get a nice golden color
- When the apple tart comes to room temperature decorate with 2 tablespoons of hazelnut praline