Last week as I was planning my “detox” meals for this week I was trying to find ways to make my “salad plates” more appealing and mouthwatering! How do you even do that with a salad?
And then I just realized that it’s all about the color as always! The idea of mixing beetroot and avocado came to my mind in first due their color combination. I then tried them together for the first time and realized how good does the earthy feeling of beets goes with the fruiy flavor of avocado.
You can put them on top of a green salad or just combine these two!
- 1 medium-sized beet (boiled)
- 1 just ripe avocado
- 4 handfulls mixed green lettuces (optional)
- 2 Tbsp black, greek olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar crem
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- A Pinch of salt
- 1/5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the beet and avocado in half and the halves into wedges.
- Arrange the wedges by the side of a green salad (optionally)
- Whisk together the citrus vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad.