This one is just perfect for a vegan brunch or a salad for your Christmas lunch!
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock or just water
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 2 beetroot, peeled, cooked, cut into 0,5 cm slices
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra whole leaves to garnish
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup pumkin seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar & lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring stock to the boil in a pan.
- Remove from heat, then slowly stir in couscous.
- Cover with a tea towel, stand for 5 minutes, then fluff grains with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frypan over medium-low heat.
- Cook onion for 10 minutes, stirring, until softened and just starting to caramelise.
- Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, beets, corn, pumkin seeds and parsley.
- Season, then stir through couscous.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Boil the egg for 4 minutes.
- Serve with the egg on top.