Warm salads are kind of the best things that may happen to your diet right now! They taste (and feel) like a full meal and are perfect for a weeknight, comfort dinner.
You are free to add your favorite flavor like olives, sun dried tomatoes or chicken. You can make the carrot and sweet potato base and change the “toppings” so to give it a different feeling for your next day lunch break.
- 1 sweet potato cut in chunks
- 3 small carrots cut in thick slices
- 1/2 avocado cut in small cubes
- 3 tablespoons corn
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest from half a lemon
- salt and freshly grounded pepper
- Boil (or steam) the sweet potato chunks along with the carrots
- When soft and tender drain them and let aside.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and zest, vinegar, salt and pepper to make the vinaigrette sauce
- Mix potatoes and carrots with the rest of the ingredients
- Drizzle the vinaigrette sauce on top and mix well.