Delicious, sweet, creamy chocolate milk mud pie without phyllo dough. Great, light desser fo all ages.
- 750 ml chocolate milk
- 60 g. semolina (and some extra for the pan)
- 20 g. corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 170 g. dark chocolate 70%
- 60 g. butter (cold enough and chopped into cubes)
- 1 sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 100 g. honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablesppon crystal sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Pour the milk in a saucepan. At first heat milk at low temperature. When you see the first bubbles that means it's ready. Remove, stir well and set aside.
- Mix semolina, corn flour, eggs, salt, vanilla, and lemon zest in a bowl and make a paste.
- Add a cup of warm milk and mix with the wire to get temperature. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and stir well.
- Put saucepan to the heat again and then stir patiently with the wire until the mixture becomes creamy.
- We cook mixture at low temperature because the cream easily grabs and we don't want to burn it.
- When cream becomes thick take saucepan from the heat and add butter and chocolate. Mix gently.
- When melted into our mixture, pour honey and mix well.
- Butter and sprinkle with fine semolina a round ovenproof pan (27cm. diameter)
- Pour the mixture in.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour mixture over the cream to go over the entire surface.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool well, cut into pieces and serve with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- If we want more crunchy milk mud pie, we can use pan instead of ovenproof pan. In this case we just have to butter very well and sprinkle with fine semolina.
- If we want to use the double quantity of ingredients we use a 35-40 cm diameter pan.