I am a fool for any dessert with pistachios! These oat bars are so easy to make and absolutely perfect for anyone who takes breakfast while driving to work!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a big pan (the one that came with your oven)
- In a large bowl stir together oats, pistachios and cranberries.
- In a medium pot add together butter, honey and sugar untill it comes to a bubble.
- Reduce heat and then cook for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla to the post and stir.
- Pour on the prepared baking sheet, press down to as thick as you want it to be (about 2 cm that is)
- Let cool in refrigerator for 3 hours the cut into bars.