Α super simple and easy recipe with a juice and zest and a generous amount of yogurt!
- 250 g butter
- 300 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 400 grams of yogurt (2 trays)
- zest of 4 oranges
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500 g self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat butter and sugar together in mixer until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue beating.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the juice and add it to the mixture.
- Continue with yogurt, zest and vanilla and whisk constantly
- Finally add the flour slowly and beat in mixer for another 4 minutes.
- Cover a large cake tin or 8 small as I did with butter and flour (if you have nonstick cookware you do not need to do so).
- Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes for the big cake pan, or 18 minutes for the small