Today’s cake is a bit different since I use no flour! but phyllo dough sheets. This idea came to me because I had leftover sheets that got dry very fast because of the sammer heatwave! The recipe follows the directions of a traditional greek orange pie, but has no syrup and very little sugar!
- 1/2 package phyllo dough (6 sheets) dry
- 100 g yogurt 2%
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 1 orange
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 10 Ripe figs cut in half Butter and flour the pan
- Put all ingredients except the phyllo dough sheets in one bowl and mix very good
- Let the phyllo dough sheets dry and break them into small pieces
- When becoming the mixture is homogeneous add the phyllo dough sheets.
- Transfer the mixture into a buttered and floured cake pan and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180°C