Today’s recipe might have nothing to do with the original, Italian caprese, or they might share the exact same DNA of summer freshness and Mediterranean minimalism. The place of the mozzarella and the tomato gets the Cypriot halloumi cheese and the juicy peach with the unique background of extra virgin olive oil from Kalamata and balsamic vinegar by Seacrets Inspirations.
- Cut the halloumi into thick slices.
- Cut the peaches, remove the pits and cut in slices.
- Drizzle the peach slices with olive oil
- Heat grill to 180° C.
- Grill the halloumi until grill marks appear, flip over, and do the same on other side.
- Grill the peaches until grill marks appear (about 10 minutes).
- Let the peaches cool a bit, cut into slices with a sharp knife, arrange on plate with halloumi, and sprinkle with basil leaves and drops of balsamic vinegar.