Today’s recipe is the ultimate Xmas decorating recipe! It might look difficult but it is super simple! These cookies only need 5 ingredients.
IngredientsFor the cookies
- 100g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g plain flour
- 400g icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 2-3 drops food colourings
- candies το decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm/½in.
- Using biscuit cutters or a glass, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
- To make into Christmas tree decorations, carefully make a hole in the top of the biscuit using a straw.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to create a smooth mixture.
- Stir in the food colouring.
- Carefully spread the icing onto the biscuits using a knife and sprinkle over the glitter.
- Set aside until the icing hardens.