Today’s recipe comes between a traditional Greek leek pie and an Italian classic pasta dish!
- 6 leeks (sliced)
- 2 onions, white, medium size, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 g mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- 6 slices bacon
- 300 g feta cheese crumbled
- 300 g grated gruyere of Naxos
- Freshly ground pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Olive oil for frying
- 9 lasagna sheets
- 200 g bechamel
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion with the garlic.
- Once the onion gets caramelized add the leek rings and the bacon and stir.
- Once all the leek's juices evaporate add wine and stir well to evaporate the alcohol so that what is only left is the taste of the wine
- Add the mushrooms and feta cheese and mix
- Lower heat and cook for another 10 minutes. We do not want to boil the mushrooms just to get theme al dente.
- Set 3 lasagne sheets in a pan, add over 1/3 of the filling and repeat the same process 2 more times. Cover with bechamel sauce and bake in a well preheated oven at 180°C for 40 minutes until the sauce gets a nice golden color