I ‘ve been looking for a recipe that would include melon and should be super easy to cook. Something that would only take a few minutes to prepare and would be served chilled out of the fridge! So here I am!
- 1 glass of fresh milk
- 300g ripe melon
- Zest of one lime
- 2 tsp. tablespoons sugar
- 2 tsp. tablespoon cornflour
- 8 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 shot rum
- Peel the melon and beat in a blender until you get a homogeneous velvety pulp.
- Mix the sugar with corn flour and milk in a bowl.
- Once thoroughly shuffled put them in a saucepan and heat.
- Pour in the zest of lime and melon pulp.
- Mix and heat at low temp until it begins to slightly thicken.
- Once the cream thickens, remove from fire and allow the cream to come to room temperature.
- Sprinkle the ladyfinger biscuits with rum, break them in half and pour them in the mixture.
- Divide the melon cream in glasses.
- Transfer the glasses in the refrigerator and serve cold.