This is the most delicious tree you will adorn this year! A profiterole tree made of choux, stuffed with cheesecake cream and “glued” with hazelnut cream.
Click on the link right here to get my recipe for homemade choux. I’ll give you two very simple and quick recipes for both creams that you will need, one based on hazelnut praline and the other one on cream cheese.
For decoration, you can play with all kinds of colorful candy! I preferred small candy that look like Christmas balls.
- 30 choux
- 200 g hazelnut praline
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 g. cream cheese
- 30 g. powdered sugar
- 10 g. cow butter
- 100 g. cream fresh (35% fat)
- Choux must be ready and at room temperature.
- For the Nutella cream mix well all ingredients until the mixture gets a nice brown color.
- For the cheesecake cream beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in the mixer.
- Then add the cream fresh and continue beating until all ingredients are well combined and you get a nice cream.
- Use a piping bag or a spoon to fill in all choux with the cheesecake cream
- Then take a platter and a cover its surface with the Nutella cream and arrange the first layer of choux
- Cover the bottom of each choux with the Nutella cream and build up the Christmas tree.
- Finally, decorate with candy or chocolate flakes.