Working all day at the office with dozens obligations run and unanswered e-mails, I choose the easiest/quick solution for meals. And these are salads-meals with fresh seasonal vegetables. It is important that the salad has two basic characteristics:
- To feel full! A meal it’s not necessary be made from meat. Even an egg is enough. The goal is to make you feel that you don’t need more.
- Not to be a boring salad! You can achieve this by using a variety of combinations that won’t make feel like eating the same again and again.
When I first got Freskoulis pack from the supermarket I felt like I got a convenience pack once more. However, once I opened it I understood the difference between this one and the others I’d had previously. The most amazing is the fact tha the pack with onion cubes feels like someone else just cut the onion for you and left it in your kitchen! It’s perfect for quick omelets and mommy’s tomato sauce recipes!
Today I’m making a spring green salad with fruits!
- "Drosseri" vegetables salad Freskoulis (Lettuce, Chinese cabbage, Iceberg, Radicchio, Escarol, Wild Arugula)
- 1 tablespoon onion cubes Freskoulis
- "Sweet Delight" fresh-chopped fruits Freskoulis (Pear, Apple, Pineapple, Plum, Grape)
- 3 mini carrots ready to be eat "Carrots to go!" Freskoulis
- 1 egg (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- salt / pepper
- Boil some water. When it boils put the egg in and leave it either for 5 minutes if we want it to be very soft-boiled or 8 minutes if we want it to be medium soft-boiled. Remove it cool.
- Mix together all the fressing ingredients.
- Mix green salas with onion, carrots and fruits.
- Pour over dressing.
- Cut egg in the middle and add some extra salt and pepper