A special version of the classic chocolate cake with a velvety texture thanks to a special ingredient: the pumpkin puree. To make the pumpkin puree all you have to do is to boil pumpkin cubes and then blend them together.
IngredientsFor The Cake
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cream fresh
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with mixer on medium speed.
- Add brown sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add in pumpkin puree and mix again. Mixture will be soupy.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter/pumpkin mixture, with mixer on low speed, until completely combined.
- Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 180°ΨC oven for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Let cakes rest in pans for 30 minutes, then turn out onto racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe dish.
- Heat on high for 1 minute in microwave then let rest for 2 minutes before stirring until completely smooth and all chocolate is melted.
- For easy drizzling, place ganache in a plastic freezer bag, then cut a small hole in one corner of bag.
- Squeeze chocolate to drizzle over cake as desired.