Five years ago we used to call them flourless cookies! Trends change (even in food) and now we call the gluten free cookies. This recipe is seriously old yet so modern and guilty free.
- 1 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 15 crushed almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine almond flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl. Use a fork to mix and press out any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine sesame oil, vanilla extract, almond extract and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and use fork to mix until well combined. It may be a bit sticky and that is OK.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a spoon to scoop batter.
- You should get 8 cookies.
- Use your fingers to flatten the cookies down a bit and top each cookie with a crushed almonds.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool a couple minutes on baking sheet then remove to a wire cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, store in an airtight container or cookie tin.