I get so happy every time I take my #CoolArtisanBreakfast and realise I got healthy cookies to start my day on right foot!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, crushed nuts (almond, pistachio)
- Pulse oats in a blender or food processor until finely ground and powdery. (Do not wash the food processor) In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside. Add almond butter and vanilla and purée until creamy.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough on the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart. Gently flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon. Top them with sunflower seeds and crushed nuts. Bake until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.