Pizza could not be missing from my tribute to figs! The inspiration for this one definitely arrives from the deck of cheese that mix my favorite fruit of September with Italian cheeses! I preferred to play with parmesan, mozzarella and fresh oregano!
For the pizza dought
- 500 grams. wheat flour (for bread)
- 350 ml lukewarm water
- 1 sachet (8 grams.) dry yeast
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp dried herbs (oregano, basil, thyme) optional
- In a medium size bowl stir the lukewarm water, yeast, sugar, olive oil (and herbs optional).
- Stir to dissolve the yeast.
- Allow 5-10 to make foam on the surface, which proves that the yeast is activated.
- Add the flour and salt, stirring with a spoon.
- When the dough begins to look like ready with the addition of flour, use your hands to make a little ball.
- Put it on a floured surface and knead for 5-10. The dough should be soft, elastic and supple.
- Grease lightly a deep bowl and place the dough inside.
- Cover with a damp towel or cling film and let it double in volume for about an hour in a warm place.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into two pieces.
- You may make two pizzas with a diameter of 30-35 cm each.
- Roll each piece of dough using either your fingertips pressing gently on a floured surface or with a rolling pin, in case you want to make it thinner and crispier.Tip 1: Dusting the pan with a little cornmeal gives the pizza a crispier crust.
Tip 2: You may refrigerate for three days covered with membrane or leave it up to two months in the freezer.
For the toppings
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 grams fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into 1/4″ to 1/2″ rounds
- 50 grams parmezan
- 5-6 figs sliced
- salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 10 very thin slices Prosciutto
- 2-3 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Once it reaches temperature, keep it on for 30 minute before putting the pizza inside.
- Pat a dough ball out on a well-floured surface. Then, stretch it over your knuckles trying to keep it round. Form a little crust if you wanna.
- Spread enough olive oil over the surface of the dough to form a very thin coating.
- Lay the slices of mozzarella down, not quite touching each other.
- Place the fig slices in between the cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slide the pizza onto your pizza pan in the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is cooked and golden, the cheese is melted, and the figs are nice and juicy.
- Five minutes before taking it of the oven season it with the parmesan.
- As soon as you remove the pizza from the oven, top it with the slices of prosciutto.
- Right before serving, drizzle with the balsamic.
Serve With Love
Δοκίμασε τη συνταγή μου, ανέβασε φωτοραφία με hashtag #coolartisan και εγώ θα την κάνω repost εδώ